Filipino Egg Pie
After the long awaited break from working, now I am back and have just started again. It means that Im gonna be absent from my blog from time to time but I promise to myself that I have so many things to post and I wanted to finish them all. I wont fail myself and I know I wont.. ha ha ha! My blog is one great therapy to make me sane and functional in my oh so stressful world….
Anyway this is one yummy dessert/sweets/merienda that my hubby and my daughter both liked. In fact, for his birthday, my hubby even requested it. It turned out my daughter would also be a great fan. I made it again last father’s day and guess what..its presence is always heartwarming and now its a mainstay in our fridge. Back home I love those that I can buy in a local bakery, theyre sweet, soft, warm and packed with eggy goodnes that no matter how I reminded myself not to indulge too much..in the end I would ate 3 or 4 slices..imagine that..
Filipino Egg Pie
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chilled water
- For the custard
- 8-10 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanila
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Cut the butter into small cubes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir together the flour and salt and add to the butter.
- Mix until the texture resembles like coarse crumbs.
- Pour in the cold water little by little until the mixture can be gathered into a ball.
- Place on a flat surface and roll about 1/4 inch thick.
- Now, fit the crust into the pie pan.
- Place it in the fridge while you make the custard.
- Place the water and sugar in a small sauce pan and stir well.
- Boil until syrupy about 15 minutes over medium high heat.
- Beat the eggs and milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the honey and the syrup, mix well.Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the cornstarch and whisk until well combined.
- Take the crust out of the fridge and pour in the custard mixture.
- Bake in a pre heated oven 160 for 40 to 50 minutes or until firm.
- Turn off the overn but leave the egg pie inside for 5 minutes.
- Take the egg pie out of the oven and cool to room remperature.
- Then chill in the fridge for some hours before serving.
The first time I ever attempted to make own crust and yes I did not fail..its simplicity, its magic and its a delight
Upon seeing this, I could not help myself from laughing..yes I laughed with my excitement…lol!
Oh, I found this disturbing and it gave me doubt, I silently wish at least it will turn out edible..seeing the bubbles on top made me apprehensive.
Oh goodnes, it was not really the way I wanted but I think its good..It brought a lot of memories..now I miss everything about home….
Here’s a slice of joy and there will be more slices of joy in my kitchen as long as I have the power to make it. The egg pie which is a part of our childhood is just right here and I couldnt help myself..my thoughts went back down the memory lane. I can only smile and enjoy… Have a great week to all. Lets eat. Lets giggle and lets be merry.
Gladly shared to: Recipe Sharing Monday Clever Chicks Blog Hop Marvelous Monday Mix it up Monday Melt In Your Mouth Monday My Meatless Monday Monday Inspiration Monday Funday A Round Tuit Make The Scene Monday Inspire Me Monday
Totally Tasty Tuesday Slightly Indulgent Tuesday Show Me what Youve Got Tuesday Handmade Tuesday Tuesday’s Table Hearth and Soul Blog Hop Tuesday’s Trivia In and Out of The Kitchen Youre Gonna Love It Tuesday Tasty Tuesday@Anyonita
Cast Party Wednesday Wednesday Whatsits Wonderful Wednesday Wednesday Extravaganza From Dream To Reality Fluster Creative Muster Wonderful Wednesday Blog hop Creative Wednesday Weekly Wednesday Blog Hop
Full Plate Thursday Frugal Food Thursday Stash Link Party Fantastic Thursday Thriving On Thursday Thursday Treasures Thursday Treasures@Recipe For My Boys Its A Party Thursdays Are Your Days Creative Inspiration Catch A Glimpse Thursday Blog Stalking Thursday Transformation Thursday Thursday Temptation Thursday Sweet Haute
Foodie Friday Freedom Friday Friday Favorites Foodtastic Friday Foodie Friday@Rattlebridge Farm Weekend Wonder Friday Food Frenzy Weekend Potluck Friday Link Party Feathernest Friday Flaunt It Friday Food Trip Friday Tickled Pink Friday Frugal Friday Happy Hour Friday Simply Create Friday Show and Tell Friday Kitchen Fun The Weekend re Treat Friday Flash Blog