Kocina De Coffee Cake
When I started not to care about how pretty the way my cake looks, it gave me courage and enjoyment to continue baking. This is one coffee cake that seriously knocked me down.. because it was so good. I even don’t have coffee essence at home although I always include it on my list but I seem to forget it all the time. Then came one perfect boring day and I wanted something sweet, something different, something that will satisfy my craving. Guess what, why not make a coffee cake? I was hesitant at first because I only have the normal coffee granules in my cupboard but the experimental side of me invaded my imagination.
Good thing I have a small jar of coffee granules in my cupboard. Years before, I used to be a coffee lover but for some reasons I suffered from fibrosystic disease so the doctor advised me not take coffee anymore. But the coffee addict inside me would sneak from time to time and when I am all alone I would enjoy a cup of hot coffee. Oh good gracious coffee, it makes me alive and wonderful. Perhaps coffee flavor in a cake would bring a different twist and I was right after all.
Kocina De Coffee Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp coffee granules+ 5 tbsp hot water
- For the coffee buttercream filling
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp coffee granules
- 1 tbsp hot water
- For the coffee glace icing
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp coffee granules
- 2 tbsp hot water or more
- For decoration
- chocolate chips, chocolate coffee beans
- Cream butter until soft and add caster sugar.Beat until pale and light in texture.
- Whisk the eggs and add to the mixture little by little.Beat in between addition.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and stir gently into the mixture.
- Finally add the coffee granules water mixture. Make sure its cool before adding.
- Mix thouroughly and spoon the mixture into two separate 2x20cm sandwich tins.
- Note:Make sure the sandwich tins are brushed with butter and dusted with flour.
- Set the oven to 180/350 and bake for about 30 minutes.Cool the cakes.
- To make the coffee buttercream,beat the butter with icing sugar and coffee water mixture.
- To make the coffee glace icing,sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add the coffee hot water mixture until you make the consistency of thick cream.You may add a little water if needed.
- Now sandwich the cake together with the filling and spread/pour the coffee glace icing on top.
- Garnish with nuts or chocolate coffee beans or chocolate chips.
I don’t have chocolate coffee beans or nuts..I am supposed to have walnuts but you see sometimes a twist of palate would turn me nuts so I would eat almonds, pecan, walnuts when I am busy cooking in the kitchen. When I need them the most..theyre all gone. Good thing the ever dependable chocolate chips in a box is always there.
Oh, look at that, she is not pretty…I know ..I know..with such imperfect curves but I tell you this is such a magnificent cake. Its coffee, its sweet, its strong, the aroma is extra ordinary and yes.. again..its coffee.. a coffee cake. The moment I tasted it, I laughed, I giggled and I have this gigantic smile because I have made such imperfect shape of a cake but it is so natural and I would rather leave her that way..
I have had a slice, go ahead, take yours.. I never thought coffee granules would be terrific in a cake. Every one in the family fell in love with the coffee cake. This is a serious situation..if there’s a will, theres a way…I am a coffee addict and its bad but I found a way..turn coffee into a cake and it’s just right..so right..
Gladly shared to: Full Plate Thursday Frugal Food Thursday Stash Link Party Fantastic Thursday Thriving On Thursday Thursday Treasures Thursday Treasures@Recipe For My Boys Thursdays Are Your Days Creative Inspiration Catch A Glimpse Thursday Blog Stalking Thursday Transformation Thursday Thursday Temptation Its A Party The Weekly Creative
Foodie Friday Freedom Friday Friday Favorites Foodtastic Friday Foodie Friday@RattlebridgeFarm Weekend Wonder Friday Food Frenzy Weekend Potluck Friday Link Party Feathernest Friday Flaunt It Friday Food Trip Friday Tickled Pink Friday Frugal Friday Happy Hour Friday Simply Create Friday Show and Tell Friday Kitchen Fun The Weekend re Treat Friday Flash Blog The Weekend re Treat
Recipe Sharing Monday Clever Chicks Blog Hop Marvelous Monday Mix it up Monday Melt In Your Mouth Monday My Meatless Monday Monday Inspiration Monday Funday A Round Tuit Make The Scene Monday Inspire Me Monday Motivate Me Monday Made By You Monday Craft O Maniac Monday Mad in Crafts Sweet Sharing Monday Make It Pretty Monday
Totally Tasty Tuesday Slightly Indulgent Tuesday Show Me what Youve Got Tuesday Handmade Tuesday Tuesday’s Table Hearth and Soul Blog Hop Tuesday’s Trivia In and Out of The Kitchen Youre Gonna Love It Tuesday Tasty Tuesday@Anyonita Take a Look Tuesday Anti-Procrastination Tuesday Too Cute Tuesday Tasteful tuesday Time To Sparkle Tuesday Tuesday Talent Show Two Cup Tuesday
Cast Party Wednesday Wednesday Whatsits Wonderful Wednesday Wednesday Extravaganza From Dream To Reality Fluster Creative Muster Wonderful Wednesday Blog hop Creative Wednesday Weekly Wednesday Blog Hop Whimsy Wednesday Link Party Whatever Goes Wednesday Create and Share Wednesday Show Off Wednesday We Did It Wednesday What I whipped Up Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday@Ginger Snap Recipe Roundup Your whims Wednesday Whats Cookin Wednesday